CBRE Integrated Laboratory Solutions, part of Global Workplace Solutions, is a leading global provider of Scientific Support Services. We are recruiting an Engineer (Level1) to join the team located at one of our client sites to manage, organise and implement day-to-day Laboratory Instrument Support (LIS) activities through liaison and discussion with customers, CBRE Planners, LIS Engineers and the Lead Scheduler.
The role provides high-quality specialist engineering support to a wide range of laboratory equipment within the scientific community. This role will be part of the account-based team and have support, training, access to the EMEA CBRE Integrated Laboratory Solutions group network.
• Ensure prompt, flexible, customer-focussed specialist engineering support whilst maintaining compliance with statutory, regulatory and engineering standards.
• Diagnose faults on complex equipment and systems using the multi-disciplinary support internal and external to the team to produce a satisfactory solution.
• Plan and carry out engineering maintenance and commissioning work associated with scientific equipment and systems in a safe, cost-effective manner to ensure minimum business disruption.
• Use technical knowledge to identify and source components and services.
• Create, manage and review supporting documentation, e.g. service reports.
• Support users in the preparation / design of operating procedures, SOPs, Change Control and deviation manuals and drawings.
• Manage the availability of essential spares to support the range of equipment and systems used within the laboratory facilities in a cost-effective manner.
• Support contract management in the set-up, renewal and budget of contracts.
• Monitor the performance of the scientific equipment and systems using Key Performance Indicators to instigate improvements and influence changes.
• Support the CBRE Management Team to ensure all activities are completed.
• Act as a CBRE Ambassador, ensuring a first-class service is always delivered.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Advanced Modern Apprenticeship with NVQ 3 in engineering
• HNC / HND in relevant engineering discipline
• Experience of working in a fast-paced, operational environment
• 5+ years’ experience within the Laboratory Instrument Support sector across a wide range of scientific and / or automated systems
• Very strong analytical skills with proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a logical and structured approach
• PC literate in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
• Strong relationship management and excellent communication skills / influencing skills
• Ability to work to own initiative, with minimal supervision while team orientated
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Robust and assertive attitude towards achieving results and motivating team members
• High customer focus.
• City & Guilds inspection / Testing
• Degree in Electrical / Electronic / Science / Engineering
• Pharmaceutical / Regulated working background
• PC hardware / architecture and Communication Systems knowledge (Ethernet/RS232 etc)
• CMMS experience.