As sustainability moves up the investor agenda, CBRE is looking to recruit a talented, highly skilled, flexible and motivated climate change consultant to join its market-leading Valuation department.
• Provide expert on sustainability and climate risk specific to the built environment.
• Research and evaluate the short, medium and long term impacts of Regulatory transitional risk (energy emissions) and Physical risks (e.g. fluvial flooding) on asset value.
• Provide oversight and management of data collection and analysis. Develop best practice systems.
• Identify crucial data points and information already held in databases.
• Develop Index and/or other Key Performance Indicators with Environmental Consultancy group and Research Team. Possible benchmarking opportunity for Clients.
• Deep dive in to ‘high’ risk assets or specialist sectors as required e.g. Shopping Centres?
• Provide thought leadership and generate research outputs that provide insights for clients.
• Lead the Valuation department to a market leading position and innovator on this topic.
• Educate team, engage and push up the agenda.
• Represent Valuation department on company-wide Environmental Social Governance Working group.
• Lead Valuation department in adopting best practise and innovation around sustainable working practices (in-line with the ambition of our Environment & Sustainability pillar).
Candidates should have an appropriate degree and post graduate qualification, plus experience working within the climate change or environmental sector. Candidates will be working towards Chartership with an appropriate institution.
Essential skills and knowledge:
• Experience of undertaking climate change impact and risk assessments and/or assessments of greenhouse gas emissions.
• Understanding of developing climate change adaptation and resilience strategies and/or climate change mitigation and emissions reduction strategies.
• Strong qualitative and quantitative research and analysis skills.
• Excellent report writing and communication skills.
• Flexible mindset for a new role, we need a self-starter!
• Expertise in statistical analysis and/or geospatial data analysis
• Experience in programming languages
• Knowledge of open data
• Understanding of systems thinking
• Appreciation of environmental economics