Administrative Assistant, Paya Lebar
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 1-Mar-2021
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- The purpose of this position is to provide business operations administrative support to a Sr Manager and/or a group of professionals with responsibility for a major organizational function/department and/or in support of a business unit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs administrative duties such as conducting research, updating and maintaining databases, preparing company forms and maintaining confidential files.
- Serves as an administrative liaison to others within/outside the department/company regarding administration issues in areas such as accounting (expense reports), marketing (proposal collateral, client events), mapping and research (client research).
- Creates and initiates correspondence and memoranda; compiles and prepares data for administrative reports and presentations.
- Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries, and coordinates related arrangements.
- Carries out special projects and assignments as requested. May be responsible for coordination/planning and execution of special events and conferences for client, department and/or office events. May participate in communicating new program(s) to employees.
- Responsible for opening, sorting, prioritizing and distributing inbound mail. Coordinates services for outbound mail.
- Answers phone calls with regards to inquiries, researching and resolving problems requiring knowledge of department policies and procedures.
- Administers the department/business unit record keeping system; updates various department/business unit records and publications; ensures that department/business unit files are maintained in accordance with company policies and procedures; reviews requests for information and determines the appropriateness of release.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or training to coworkers. May coordinate work and assign tasks.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred. Minimum of four years of related experience and/or training.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor. Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Suite. Must have a strong command of the English language and excel in the areas of spelling, grammar and punctuation.