Account Project Director
London , United Kingdom
Date published: 21-Sep-2020
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The purpose of this position is accountability for the growth and delivery of the project management services within a defined set of pan-EMEA/Global client accounts and development of the accounts to achieve the company's strategic business objectives.
Relate to between 20 and 60 embedded employees on client accounts and the oversight of the performance of project management delivery network of 1000+
- Responsible for financial performance of defined client accounts including budgeting, profitability, growth, actual results, forecasting and reporting.
- Drive resources within the account to produce accurate capital plans upon which forecasting of revenue is to be based
- Responsible for ensuring billing (including documentation required for revenue recognition), accounts receivable (AR) collection, expense monitoring and control, staffing (including allocation, if applicable) and full P&L to EBITDA before all allocations.
- Set and achieve growth targets within the account for profitability and revenue generation. Partner with other parts of the organisation to achieve this.
- Interact regularly with clients to ensure that goals and objectives are established and achieved. Develops and implements action plans to correct variances. Anticipates and responds to the client's needs and concerns.
- Work with and influence client towards diversification of services and adoption of total integrated project management solution
- Plan and implement cross selling initiatives to increase overall wallet share of project management revenue
- Manage client embedded CBRE resources to deliver client satisfaction with CBRE as partner for project management services. Manage talent pool across the client accounts to ensure seamless service to the client.
- Act as the off account escalation point for all project management related matters Globally and on a pan-European basis for the defined set of clients
- Adopt a forward thinking mindset, bringing thought leadership to the client to embedded CBRE as a trusted advisor to the client.
- Manages, lead and advise project management staff, global and regional PMOs and Alliance Directors embedded in the client organisation. Ensure thorough staff understanding and implementation of operations, policies, and procedures. Responsible for identifying tracking performance, coaching, training needs, and motivating direct reports and work group. Directly or indirectly responsible for hiring, terminating, compensation, and performance evaluation of embedded staff.
- Lead client care plan to ensure growth in quality of relationship across CBRE
- Engage with partners across Europe and within APAC and AMS to ensure delivery of the client’s project plan. Coach and advise partners on measures to increase wallet share of client project revenue.
- Develop long term client plan to evolve existing services for the client group towards Total Integrate Project Solution
- Lead new business pursuits, integration with other CBRE business lines
- Through an understanding of the real estate cycle and network across CBRE, drive cross-selling of our business in the assigned geographic market, program or client account to achieve the company's strategic business objectives.
- Develops supply chain relationships and drive the CBRE fusion programme in region to bring value to the client and business growth
- Participates in civic and business organizations. Conducts and maintains relationships with industry and trade associates, vendors, and professional organizations.
Project Management performance
- Through on and off account resources, ensure all phases of project management including procurement/contracting, initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closeout phases of the project are completed to the client’s satisfaction. Key focus areas include scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk management.
- Exhibits a complete understanding of client and company's corporate governance policies and procedures. Responsible for ensuring corporate governance policies and procedures are adhered to within work group.
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and compliant contract procurement, contract negotiation, contract execution, contract administration, and closeout. Contracts included company's agreements, client/vendor agreements, company/vendor and supplier agreements. Monitors adherence to policies and procedures regarding internal governance and controls.
- Demonstrates ability to identify complex project risks, lead constructability reviews, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks for client and company.
- Oversees the preparation of accurate, timely, and complete reports to the client and company.
- QUALIFICATIONS; to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EDUCATION; Bachelor's degree (BA/BSc/BEng). Minimum of 15 years of related progressive experience and/or training. Prior experience in a supervisory position (direct report responsibilities) preferred if specific duties include direct report responsibilities. Additional industry recognised chartership or membership (PMP, RICS or MCIOB preferred).
- EXPERIENCE; 15+ years delivering project management services primarily as a consultant. Demonstrate long term blue-chip client positions of significant responsibility. Experience in organisations delivering full real estate life-cycle services having gained knowledge of project management from multiple perspectives. Experience in the management of revenue targets, people and client relationships are essential. Pan-European experience essential.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS; Ability to comprehend, analyze, synthesize and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
- FINANCIAL KNOWLEDGE; Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Reviews complex financial/business analysis and reports prepared by subordinates. Ability to analyze the most complex business/financial data and develop innovative solutions. Develops and implements financial policies and procedures. Approves and oversees department budget.
- REASONING ABILITY; Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
- OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES; Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the sensitive issues. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action. Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY; Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve complex results. Responsible for setting project, department and/or division deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause long-term impact to line of business and/or overall company.