The purpose of the role is:
To support the GWS APAC business by educating, influencing and advising key stakeholders on commercial best practices in order to contribute to the long-term growth and profitability of the Business Regions in line with the wider GWS PJM business strategy.
The Commercial role dedicated to GWS PJM APAC to support new and existing business and growth together with providing day-to-day support to the PJM APAC team. Be the subject matter expert on the
principle projects commercials, business technology platforms, playbooks, operational compliance, cost control, financial responsibilities and liabilities, milestone obligations, areas of risk and reward, operational compliance and cost control.
Work with the business subject matter experts (SMEs) and legal team to support the GWS PJM APAC business.
Take the lead on the commercial position of GWS PJM APAC, including attending regular customer meetings, review meetings, reporting and rolling out commercial training as well as developing bespoke training as required.
Support the transition of new contracts, including the education and influence of the operational and procurement teams in managing, mitigating and flowing down risk, manging change on the accounts, supporting change and sharing best practice.
1. Identify commercial talent and develop potential in the countries
2. Enable consistent commercial messages across all countries.
3. Identify areas of growth and development within the commercial team.
4. Shape Leadership team thinking.
5. Promote the capabilities of the commercial team throughout the business.
Negotiate and Agree Contracts – Pre-Contract Activity
1. Support the legal and business teams in the timely agreement of contracts to the mutual satisfaction of both parties.
2. Fully involved in pursuits, solutioning, expansions, re-tenders and retention strategies.
3. Adopt and agree the best negotiation strategy with internal stakeholders including internal or external legal support.
4. Leading the commercial negotiations.
5. Achieving a signed contract document.
6. Influence internal and external stakeholders.
7. Ensure all commercial deals comply with the GWS Global Risk Policy and contracting standards.
Commercial Policy/Procedure Compliance
1. Promote compliance with the GWS governance policies and procedures including Regional and Global Pricing Committee reviews; Commercial governance and approvals and Project Procedures.
2. Attend Business Reviews, and any other reviews as directed, to promote commercial best practice.
3. Provide, maintain and advise on the use of standard documentation and templates.
4. Educate and influence internal and external stakeholders.
5. Check and challenge business processes for compliance.
Educate and advise on commercial best practice
1. Develop senior leadership commercial awareness through meetings, presentations, training courses and advice.
2. Advise the business on specific contractual obligations.
3. Write, develop and run commercial training courses.
4. Provide commercial guidance at pursuit stage through the contract lifecycle and demobilisation.
5. Present at Business Group, Regional Business and local management meetings
6. Stay up-to-date of changes in law and liaise with local in-country counsel to stay abreast of local law changes and changes commercial practises.
1. Provide commercial solutions to operational challenges to promote reducing risk and maximising opportunities.
2. Analyse the circumstances and articulate the options and potential outcomes available.
3. Influence and motivate stakeholders, internal and external, to take the best commercial solution.
4. Build key customer contacts to strengthen CBRE’s position in the development of long term customer relationships.
5. Consider innovative solutions.
6. Take the lead on issues which could lead to high business impact risk or litigation/disputes.
1. Promote best commercial practise in the appointment of suppliers / subcontractors.
2. Support Sourcing/Supply Chain Solutions with the timely and contractually robust order / sub contract placement
3. Transfer risk by ensuring contractual obligations are back to back.
4. Support Sourcing/Supply Chain Solutions with the negotiation of Preferred Supplier Agreements and/or Supplier terms
5. Ensure supplier selection is appropriate.
General business support
1. Deliver supportive business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other applications as appropriate
2. Support new account transition activity to ensure alignment with account leads
3. Positively respond to both our internal and external customers through effective communication and personal accessibility. Represent the business using commercial acumen.
4. Contract governance by reviewing activities in accounts to ensure full adherence to contractual terms and conditions.
5. To be the subject matter expert for commercials, procedures, processes, operational compliance, cost control, financial responsibilities and liabilities, milestone obligations.