Foshan , Mainland China
Date published: 9-Mar-2020
The purpose of this position is to manage multiple functions of building operations and maintenance for a facility, campus or portfolio of buildings of significant complexity.
The role will manage multiple country operations with each country in APAC (excluding India) reporting directly to the role. The key responsibilities of the role will include client relationship management, team management (team comprising of primarily Facility Managers and Facility Coordinators), ensuring excellent service delivery, P&L/budget responsibility.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results. Responsible for setting department deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause long-term impact to co-workers, supervisor, department and/or line of business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops and maintains positive client relationships. Conducts client meetings on unresolved facility issues in an expeditious and professional manner. Communicates to clients regarding property profiles, emergency preparedness plans, site inspections, facility audits, work order progress reports, and other related reports.
• Manages and coaches facilities staff to deliver excellent service levels for the client within budget.
• Researches and implements new processes and technology to improve operational efficiency.
• Develops and recommends strategic facility management objectives for clients. Reviews various budget reports for multiple facilities.
• Develops environmental health and safety procedures for facilities. These procedures include emergency action plans, disaster recovery, business continuity, and other related procedures.
• Responsible for facility inspections for quality assurance on a periodic basis. Ensures facility procedures comply with local, state, and federal regulations.
• Produces and maintains various facility management reports. Oversees management of capital projects.
• Uses pc and/or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training. Prepares and manages departmental budget.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Provides formal supervision to individual employees across rest of APAC (excluding India).
Recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Minimum of six years of related experience and/or training. Bachelor's degree preferred with focus on business, technical or management areas. Prior Supervisory experience required.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Facility Management certification preferred. Driver's license may be required.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
Strong English language skills are required for this role, since the role holder will be managing multiple countries in APAC and required to communicate with stakeholders and direct reports whose first language is not English.
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, intranet/internet. Ability to use work order system.
Working knowledge of architectural, electrical and mechanical systems. Working knowledge of leases, contracts and related documents.