Job Title: Financial Modeller
Location: London - Henrietta House
CBRE Residential Valuation is a specialist team of 30 people within a cross-sector, market leading Valuation and Advisory group of 300+ people. We provide valuation and consultancy advice across the spectrum of residential asset types from large-scale regeneration masterplans, through national investment portfolios, class leading multi-family developments and affordable housing portfolios. Our advice is centred on deep market knowledge and experience coupled with cross-service line insight and a progressive approach to harnessing in-house and third-party data. Our team works on projects with top tier clients in Investment, Development, Secure Lending, Financial Reporting, Transactions and Corporate Strategy.
Working both directly with clients and as part of a wider CBRE Residential Platform, this is an excellent opportunity for someone with an understanding of financial modelling and real estate to join a word class division, with fantastic career progression and the chance to make a significant impact.
• Reporting to Senior Director and Team Head;
• Creating and managing bespoke financial models in Excel adopting our established best practice techniques, ensuring efficient delivery of instructions and a high standard of service to clients at all times;
• Provide analytical support to senior members of the Valuation team for a variety of residential development and investment projects;
• Understanding of corporate and asset level valuation techniques and approaches;
• Perform scenario analysis at portfolio, financial structure and vehicle level;
• Take ownership of financial models with the ability to work independently;
• Provide detailed, interactive, clear and relevant analysis and output from financial models with a focus on performance measurement and financial statements;
• Analyse and interpret occupational leases, research data, finance facility documents, financial statements, cost consultant reports and other data in order to determine financial underwriting assumptions;
• Mentoring and coaching a junior analyst, taking responsibility for the quality and efficiency of their output;
• Join and contribute to growing Analyst community within the Valuation and Advisory Group
• Attending client meetings as required and presenting financial outputs in a clear and concise manner;
• Proactively build strong commercial awareness of the real estate sector;
• Innovation and work process improvements.
• ACA Qualification preferred;
• Ideally 1–2 years’ post qualification;
• Previous exposure to real estate businesses, assets, and vehicles is desirable;
• A candidate who has a strong interest in property finance and financial modelling and an interest in solving complex financial models;
• Highly IT literate, particularly in MS Excel, with an aptitude to use and write macros;
• Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met;
• A team player who is self-motivated and can work on simultaneous projects;
Benefits of the Position
• Exposure to a wide variety of investment and development projects;
• Attending client meetings and presentations;
• Working closely with the senior management of CBRE;
• Development of diverse financial structuring and modelling skills.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
CBRE is the world’s leading commercial real estate services firm with offices located around the globe. We have over 95,000 employees worldwide, with over 3,000 of those in the UK alone. The company’s core services include property sales, leasing and management, facilities and project management, investment management and, research and consulting. In Central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.