CBRE is the global leader in real estate services and leverages the industry's most powerful knowledge base to meet the commercial real estate needs of its clients worldwide. Our vision is to be the preeminent, vertically integrated, globally capable real estate service firm. Globally we employ over 70,000 employees and operate in 48 countries.
Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) is a division of CBRE uniquely positioned to provide a complete set of services to corporate occupiers of commercial real estate across EMEA. GWS is redefining ‘workplace’ because we believe every place of work can become a competitive advantage for our clients. Productivity, reliability, engagement, quality, brand — the workplace contributes to business results, whether it’s an office, a retail outlet, a laboratory, a data centre, a manufacturing environment or a virtual location.
Job Title: A/C Engineer
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions, leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management, are recruiting an A/C Engineer to join the team located in Derby.
Purpose of Job
To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance and Reactive Repairs to Split Air Conditioning Units, Variable Refrigerant Volume Systems, Chillers, Air Handling Units and other associated plant within various buildings.
• Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance is carried out in line with task schedules and industry best practices.
• Identify any defects found to CBRE Site contact and provide parts list and estimated timescale to carry out remedial works.
• Attend site and carry out reactive repairs as instructed by administration team.
• Complete refrigeration usage sheets for all gas used.
• Complete OP6 & OP6A log sheets accurately.
• Ensure refrigerants are transported and handled in accordance with current Health & Safety Regulations.
• Maintain the professional image of CBRE Managed Services at all times.
• Establish and maintain a good working relationship with all CBRE Managed Services employees and clients’ representatives.
• Ensure the provision of a Safe & Healthy working environment.
• Accountable to the Supervisor and Account Manager.
• The post holder does not have any directly reporting staff.
• This post carries no direct budgetary responsibility
• A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English and basic mathematical skills.
• Formally trained in refrigeration maintenance (City and Guilds)
• Certified in Safe Refrigerant Handling,
• Formal Electrical Qualification an advantage (City and Guilds).
• Experience of maintaining Split Air Conditioning units
• Experience of maintaining Variable Refrigeration Volume systems
• Experience of large chiller units
• Experience of Centrifugal Chillers
• Experience of general Building Management Systems
• Good verbal communication skills at all levels.
• Good written English skills
• Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Able to make sound decisions when needed.
• Physically fit and able to carry tools and components by hand up to 20kg.
• Able to ascend / descend vertical access equipment.
• Able to work at heights.
• A team player.
• Must hold a full driving licence,
• Must be flexible regarding working hours,
• Must be available to join a call out rota.