Key roles and responsibilities of the Assistant Manager / Manager of Valuation & Advisory Services are:
I. To assist your Directors to lead and supervise a team of valuers, research and clerical personnel in the day-to-day running of the Department.
II. To execute independently, or assist subordinates or other members of the Department in the execution of valuation/assignments, project feasibility studies and other consulting work for a wide range of clients, and to take responsibility for the accuracy and quality of such assignments.
III. To follow guidelines and carry out instructions from the Department Directors and the Senior Management, working as part of a cohesive team to meet assignment deadlines and achieve business targets.
IV. To nurture existing client relationships and cultivate business for the Department and Company.
V. To carry out any other duties as assigned by your managers, directors or the Senior Management.
1) To lead, motivate, supervise and assist a team of valuers and valuation assistants in carrying out valuation and other consultancy assignments, and to assist your managers and directors to set up and enforce effective due diligence procedures for quality control of the Department’s work:
a) The procedures should put in place various lines of defense for vetting the quality and accuracy of all outbound reports such that they are checked by yourself and one other senior executive before their release to clients.
b) You should take principal responsibility in ensuring that such due diligence procedures and rules are enforced on a daily basis in your team such that all work produced by the team are accurate and of a superior quality.
c) You are responsible for checking the work of subordinates and signing off on them if necessary. You should ensure that you have personally vetted the accuracy and quality of such work, particularly outbound reports. You should ensure that all calculations, information and advice contained in the reports, particularly in respect of property title, methodology, and the appropriateness of comparables based, are accurate before finalizing the report.
d) You should ensure that all reports have been checked by one other senior executive before their release to clients.
2) To ensure that all subordinate staff members perform to a high standard of accuracy and conscientiousness that is consistent with the Company’s stature as a high-quality service provider. You should be watchful of substandard performance, and identify and implement remedial measures to nurture staff quality.
3) To execute independently or jointly with other members of the Department, or assist subordinate team members in the execution of, valuation and consultancy assignments in a timely and accurate manner. You are expected to carry out personally the valuation procedures, conduct inspections and market study, proceed the modelling, prepare the valuation reports and attend all meetings and court hearings, when necessary and required by the directors or the Senior Management. You are expected to perform to a high standard of accuracy and conscientiousness that is consistent with the Company’s stature as a leading property services company.
4) Having assisted, led or signed off on a valuation report, you are responsible for answering any questions from the client concerned as to the veracity of the comparables, the methodology used in arriving at the conclusions or opinions on values, and to justify those conclusions and opinions.
5) To assist in collating, in a proper and timely manner, property market data and such other information as necessary for the purposes of valuation/consultancy assignments of the Company. This task involves your consistent efforts in keeping abreast of market information and their impact on property values. The activities include market survey, transaction analysis, effective following-up of subscribed databases and diligent scanning of the media.
6) To follow guidelines and carry out instructions from the Department Directors and the Senior Management, working as part of a cohesive team to identify business opportunities and generate business for the Department and Company.
7) To serve the needs of existing clients, nurture existing client relationships and to cultivate repeat business and referrals. This task entails, among other things, continual awareness of clients’ needs, continual client contact as well as effective maintenance and follow-up of client databases.
8) To assist the Department Directors in the day-to-day management of the Department, supervising the valuation, consulting, secretarial and administrative functions of the Department. To co-operate with other departments when appropriate in all matters relating to the generation of business and the running of the Department.
9) To assist your directors in conceptualizing and organizing the Department’s marketing presentations and other activities in respect of client instructions. These activities include: participating in marketing presentations, public relations and promotional activities, and the production of capability statements and marketing materials such as proposals, presentations, press releases, brochures, and mailshots.
10) To assist your managers and directors with the setting up of filing and database systems. Further, to take responsibility for the management and maintenance of such information systems and ensure that they are kept current. Such systems include databases for property records and searches, CBRE Tops, DCF model and Excel software.
11) Lead by examples, not only the efficient performance of duties but also compliance to all Company and VAS team policies, and instructions and standards of conduct.
12) To assist in the activities of the other departments when required to do so.
13) To travel in the Mainland China on required basis.
14) To carry out any other ad hoc assignments as directed by your directors or the Senior Management.
• At least 3-4 years relevant experience.
• Fluent spoken and written English and Chinese.
• Writing skills and an analytical mind. Specifically, an ability to articulate research findings and opinions succinctly in valuation and professional reports.
• Essential educational or professional qualification necessary for successful job performance. RICS / CIREA license holder is preferred.
• A high degree of mathematical skills and accuracy in calculations.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly in the Excel software.