2IC Electrical Shift Technician
Hours: 06:30 –18:30 & 18:30 –06:30 (24/7 Shift Pattern) 42hrs a week
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting an Electrical Shift Technician to join our successful Data Centre Solutions team based in London. As the post holder, you will be expected to have excellent understanding of Critical Facilities/Data Centre infrastructure (Electrical, Mechanical, and DC specific infrastructure). As the 2IC member of the engineering shift teams, you will responsible for effective inspection, operation and maintenance of all associated assets within the Data Centre, with a primary focus on risk management, enhancing the quality of the service delivery through effective support of the Data Centre Shift Leader or Data Centre Engineering Manager when stepping into the Data Centre Shift Leader role when covering.
- Operate all M&E systems within the Data Centre in a competent, effective and efficient manner (including HV Electrical isolations/operations). Having due regard to business risk and energy use. Making recommendations for improvement and providing concise technical reports when required.
- Ensuring that all Specialist Sub Contractors visits are conducting works in line with approved Standard Operating Procedures/ MOP/PTW/client change requests.
- Ensure that Specialist Sub Contractor worksheets are signed off where necessary, that quality of work has been inspected and recommendations are communicated to the Data Centre Engineering Manager/Data Centre Technical Manager.
- To provide backup as engineering relief cover in the event of annual leave, training or other absence within the engineering team. Ensuring minimum staffing arrangements are maintained at all times.
- Accurately reporting of all completed work orders, including precise recording of any critical spares/stock items used during these tasks. Compliance with GS SOS when undertaking maintenance work orders.
- Attend weekly team meetings, client meetings as requested, in conjunction with CBRE management.
- Reviewing and preparing MOP’s, SOP’s and EOP’s, as well as proactively participating EOP scenario drills (BEST or MOCKDrills).
- Proactively ensure all Data Centre client requests are attended within SLA.
- Promote QHSE compliance activities, such as Hazard/Near Miss Reporting and regular Toolbox Talks.
- Ensuring compliance with client CEM process and procedures when undertaking all relevant work orders, ensuring risk management documentation (MOP, SOP or EOP) is being used during critical works.
- Liaise with the supply chain, when ordering M&E components for remedial works.
- Evaluate and escalate any potential risks, with an assessment of impact, probable causes and mitigation opportunities.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement of safe systems of work, ensuring compliance with relevant QHSE policy and procedures.
- Support the Data Centre Shift Leader in the day to day operational delivery of all planned, reactive, corrective and project related works.
- Relevant experience in Data Centre or Critical Environment operations.
- HV Authorised Person
- HNC/HND in relevant field or associated Electrical/Mechanical Apprenticeship (Or Similar)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of staff.
- Has operational excellence as a core value.
- Have very good IT and report writing skills.
- Ability to lead a team when under pressure, whilst remaining calm, clear thinking and able to deliver the required services to the client within given time constraints.
- Individuals who can demonstrate commitment and previous experience; but not meet all the required technical qualifications may be considered subject to Directors approval.
- Demonstrate a willingness to attend on and off-site training for plant and systems this may require nights away from home.
- A high level of innovation
- Ability to comprehend and act upon both verbal and written instructions.
- Enthusiasm and demonstration of pro-activity, diligence and alertness, with the willingness to participate in appropriate training schemes
The above is a guideline to the role and is not intended to be fully inclusive or exclusive of the duties required.